What we believe serves as the foundation of our faith.
Keys to Freedom Ministries Statement of Christian Faith
- We believe that every person must be given compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are not to be tolerated and are not in accordance with the scriptures. Matt. 5:44; 1 John 4:19-21; 1 John 4:11.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired of God and inerrant in their original writings. 2 Tim 3:16
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three co-equal persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit Matt. 3:16
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. John 1:14
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, Gen 1:27;
- We believe that the Gospel should be proclaimed to every person on earth, Matt. 28:19-20 & Luke 24:47 and that the responsibility of all who hear the Gospel is to repent of their sins and rebellion against God, Matt 4:17, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive justification and the forgiveness of sins. John 3:16; 1 john 1:9
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking HIs mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:9
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, Matt. 16:21; Rev. 1:18. His ascension into Heaven Luke 24:51, and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for all believers. 1 John 2:1; Hebrews 4:14-16
- We believe in the Blessed Hope; the personal, imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. John 14:1-3 & Rev. 1:8
- We believe that salvation is a gift of God, offered to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ Eph. 2:8-9, whose blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins. All who receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior are born again of the Holy Spirit and become children of God and heirs of eternal life. Titus 3:7 & John 3:5-8
- We believe that God creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Gen 1:27
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. Matt. 19:4-5
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality, (including adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography, and attempting to change one’s biological sex or otherwise acting upon any disagreement with one’s biological sex) is sinful and offensive to God and is contrary to the abundant life and plan God has for each believer.1 Cor. 6:9-10
STATEMENT OF BIBLICAL AUTHORITY:
This statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our Faith. We believe the Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. Should the interpretation of the truth and validity of scripture come into question, for the purposes of this ministry, the Governing Board of Directors for this ministry shall be the sole authoritative interpreter of Scripture.